If you’re thinking about selling your home, there’s never been a better time. With increased demand and low levels of inventory, buyers have never been more motivated to purchase a home. While it’s a great time to sell, it’s also the perfect time to make a few adjustments around the house in order to maximize the return on your investment. Check out the easy upgrades to get your home ready to sell.
Easy Upgrades Throughout the House
- New hardware – Brass hinges, old doorknobs, outdated cabinet handles, etc,. can be eyesores that take away from your home. A few simple changes can elevate the design of items in your home and give them new life. Buyers will notice and comment on new hardware — trust us!
- Deep clean the floors – Polish up the hardwood floors, steam clean carpets, and make sure the floors look ready for a new family. Dust bunnies, scratches, and stains will detract from the rest of your home.
- Refresh the grout – Dirty or outdated grout in the kitchen and bathrooms can be a major turn-off for buyers. Give it a deep cleaning or put a new application of grout to make these areas of your home shine.
- Lighting – Lighting is the key to a great showing. You not only want great natural light, but you want your light fixtures to brighten the home and be stylish. Lighting can often be overlooked by a seller, but it’s never overlooked by a buyer.
Easy Kitchen Upgrades
- Add a tile backsplash – A simple tile backsplash doesn’t have to be expensive or even something you hire someone for. There are tons of options available to you, and it makes for a great weekend DIY project.
- Paint the island – Painting cabinets can be very time consuming, so cut the time in half by focusing only on your kitchen island. It’s a very trendy fix, and it shows that you’ve put some TLC into your home.
Easy Bathroom Upgrades
- Mirror, mirror, on the wall – If your mirror is showing signs of wear or is tragically outdated, change it out. Research some of the popular design trends and measure to see which ones will work in your space before purchasing the new mirror.
- Bathroom fixtures – If the faucet and shower fixtures are looking a little old, simply switch them out for something newer.
Spending a little time and money preparing your home for the market can greatly impact the resale value and entice buyers. Start with these easy upgrades to get your home ready to sell, and if you have any questions about how the David Morris Group can help you find the right buyers to get your home sold quickly, contact us at (775) 828-3292.