Mild summers, nearly 80% of the year is full of sunshine, and a generous number of outdoor activities make Reno one of the best places to live. As soon as the last bits of the chilly weather moves out, many are looking to break out the sunscreen, towels, and bathing suits for a much-deserved beach day. Below are some of the best beaches in Tahoe, Reno, and Sparks to check out this summer!
- Kings Beach State Recreation Area – If you’re looking for a great family-friendly beach with some great shops and restaurants to stop in for lunch, Kings Beach is a great option. With a large stretch of white sand beaches and some of the warmest waters in Tahoe, you’ll love splashing around all day.
- Sand Harbor State Park – Spend the day soaking up the sun in some of the bluest waters in Tahoe. Pack sandwiches, snacks, and drinks for a great beach picnic.
- Hidden Beach – If Sand Harbor is a little too crowded for you, you may want to check out Hidden Beach. Several areas of this beach are only accessible if you hike in, but the remote beach has some great boulders for sunbathing and jumping into the beautiful waters.
- Chimney Beach – Chimney Beach is known for the stone chimney that’s still there from an old caretaker’s cabin. With deeper waters and a challenging hike, it’s a great beach for those looking to burn a few calories while having a fun day on the beach.
- Zephyr Cove Beach – Zephyr Cove is one of the larger and more popular beaches in Lake Tahoe. It’s a great place to gather with larger groups. Play a few games of beach volleyball, rent water equipment, and go boating while you’re at Zephyr Cove.
- Nevada Beach – Nevada Beach has some great views, which makes it an ideal place to enjoy a picnic or go swimming with friends.
- The Sparks Marina – The Sparks Marina has it all. There are walking paths, trees, and sandy beaches surrounding a 77-acre lake that are used for windsurfing, sailing, swimming, scuba diving, fishing, and boating.
There are a lot of great beaches to explore and a ton of outdoor activities to keep you and the family busy all summer long. If you’re hoping to move closer to your favorite beaches or are just curious about what the real estate market looks like currently, contact the David Morris Group. We’re happy to share everything we’ve learned about the community and help you begin your home search. Give us a call at (775) 828-3292.