Whether you’re a kid or a kid at heart, summer is the designated season for fun, adventure, and family memories. Reno’s summer season may look a little different than what we’re used to, but that doesn’t mean it won’t be a time to remember, especially if you set out to check off the items on our ultimate summer to-do list!
- Create your own backyard Olympics – Set up backyard bowling, croquet, mini-golf, and cornhole, and have a gold-en time competing for a medal — pun intended.
- Have a backyard movie night – Find a large white space or throw a sheet over your fence in the backyard. Then set up a projector to play your family’s favorite movies. Don’t forget the homemade snacks to much on!
- Create your own waterpark – Set up an inflatable pool, slip ‘n slide, and sprinklers to keep everyone cool and having fun during the warmer days.
- Build a birdhouse – It’s a staple of many summer camps to teach kids how to build a birdhouse and then decorate it. Spend a couple of dollars on a few birdhouse kits, and make them as a family.
- Host an art competition: sidewalk chalk edition – Give everyone in your family a section of sidewalk or driveway to work on, a theme to work with, and a time limit, then see who can create the best piece of art.
- Have your own summer concert – Break out the pots and pans, warm up those voices, and have a karaoke night. You may even be crowned the best performance of the night if you decide to be a one-man show who sings, dances, and plays the pans (makeshift drums).
- Make your own Hot August Nights – With the recent news to postpone Hot August Nights till next year, it’s up to you to celebrate. Grab crepe paper, balloons, and all your favorite art supplies to decorate your bike, and create your own one-of-a-kind ride for people to admire.
- Turn your cardboard boxes into beautiful creations – With a few cuts and colorful markers, you can turn your purchases into houses, cars, and planes.
- Have a blind taste test of your family’s favorite foods – Whether your family loves potato chips, gummy bears, or popcorn, there are tons of varieties. Pick up a few different ones, then have the family put on a blindfold as you give them snacks to try and have them rank their favorites.
- Camp out in the living room – Spend the day building an epic fort in the living room, then bring out the blankets and pillows for a family camp out complete with stories, snacks, and sweet memories.
We hope you have a wonderful summer, and if you decide to buy or sell your home at any point this season, contact the David Morris Group at (775) 828-3292. We have some great real estate resources for you to use, and we’re always offering helpful information on our blog.