Reno continues to draw in people from all over the world, especially as our city develops, and as we see companies open their doors. The Biggest Little City becomes a beacon to big businesses, small startups, and entrepreneurs at heart, but the move to a new city can be daunting. That’s why we’ve put together this checklist of things to do, places to visit, and experiences to make you feel like a Renoite in no time.
- Kayak the Truckee River Whitewater Park – Or if kayaking isn’t your thing, grab your floaties and go tubing along the Truckee River!
- Try out some of the local breweries and distilleries in the area – We recommend checking out 10 Torr Distilling and Brewing, Brasserie Saint James Brewing, and The Depot Craft Brewery Distillery.
- Mountain bike the Flume Trail.
- Participate in a Wine Walk.
- Have a lazy day in North Lake Tahoe – Bonsai Rock, Sand Harbor, and Chimney Beach are great destination spots.
- Watch the sunrise over Emerald Bay.
- Participate in a bar crawl.
- Have a ski/snowboard day, or at least sip some cocoa in a lodge – There are tons of resorts in the area including Donner Ski Ranch, Squaw Valley, and Mt. Rose.
- Have a museum day and learn about the history of some amazing artifacts – Check out the National Automobile Museum, The Discovery, Nevada State Museum, and the Nevada State Railroad Museum.
- Soak in some of the most beautiful and relaxing hot springs in the world.
- Take a selfie under the Reno arch.
- Go coffee tasting and find your favorite local spot – There’s a reason Reno has become one of the biggest coffee cultures in the west. Hub Coffee Roasters, Lighthouse Coffee, and Old World Coffee Lab are great places to start.
- Catch a movie at West Wind El Rancho.
- Visit the world’s largest all-sports store – Be sure to ride the Scheels Ferris wheel while you’re there!
- Take a cruise on South Lake Tahoe’s MS Dixie II.
- Hike the iconic “N.”
- Catch an Aces game.
- Step back in time, and explore the Wild West of Virginia City.
Even if you aren’t a Reno native, you’ll be feeling like a Renoite after completing just a few of the items on this list. If you’re curious about what the Biggest Little City has to offer and you’re considering making the move to Reno, contact the David Morris Group. We’re happy to share everything we’ve learned about the community, give you a snapshot at the real estate market, and help you begin your home search. Give us a call at (775) 828-3292.